Call for expression of interest!
unlock the power of
The European Baromedical Association is launching a call for expressions of interest for hyperbaric nurses or technicians within the several roles. Individuals interested in presenting a candidacy must submit their application by visiting EBAss website page “Submission of expression of interest” and fill out the application form.
Below is the jobs description, detailing the responsibilities and required skills and qualifications for each
European Certified Hyperbaric Professionals
Training Centers (some of them at your own language)
Responsibilities, required skills and qualifications
read the details
- Shall be the chief executive officer of the association and preside at all board meetings.
- He/she assumes all necessary arrangements in order to execute decisions taken by the Board of Directors.
- Coordinate tasks assigned to other members of the association.
- Chairs meetings of the board of directors.
- Recommends to the board which committees are to be established.
- Seeks volunteers for committees and coordinates individual board member assignments.
- Ensures that board matters are handled properly, including committee functioning, recruitment of new board members, orientations, and meeting preparation.
- Monitors financial planning and financial reports.
- He/she will be required to sign official documents providing validation of these documents, without this signature no document will be valid. Once properly validated the association will be committed and will be entitled to represent it, whenever dealing with public authorities or third parties.
- He/she gives order to convene meetings of the Board of Directors.
- Annually evaluates the performance of the organization in achieving its mission and objectives
- Speaks to the media and represents the organization to the community.
- Annually reviews matters of the association that relate to the board’s structure, role, and relationship to management.
- Required to support and assist the president in execution of the scientific and business affairs of the association.
- In the absence of the president or in their inability to act, the vice president shall serve as president until either the president returns, or a new president is appointed.
- Shall be the custodian of funds of the association and shall be responsible for the collection of members’ dues, and for the maintenance and required periodic reports of financial records.
- He/she will be responsible for the budget and of the taxation demands applied by authorities.
- Ensures appropriate financial reports are made available to the board.
- Regularly reports to board on key financial events, trends, and
- Provides annual budget to the board for members’ approval
- Ensures development and board review of financial procedures and systems.
- Recommends to the board whether the organization should have an audit.
- He/she may be assisted by a vice treasurer, elected, according to the statutes.
- He/she is responsible for the taking inventory of each means for the association. Terms of retention: electronic 3 years, other material: 5 years.
- He/she will be required to participate on each vote concerning any purchase of means. If the purchase costs more than the annual agreed budget, he will be authorised to refuse it.
- Maintains records of the board and ensures effective management of the organization’s records
- Manages the minutes of board meetings.
- Ensures minutes are distributed to members in a timely manner after each meeting.
- Is sufficiently familiar with legal documents (articles, by-laws, etc.) to note applicability during meetings.
- Maintains the membership record of the association.
- Reports to the members on such matters, as nominations, elections, proposed changes in structure of dues or fees, names of new members.
- Circulates proposed amendments to the constitution and internal rules, as prescribed in the bylaws.
- Is assisted by a vice secretary elected, according to the statutes.
- Basic secretarial work.
- Transmission of all documents to the members.
- Transmission /communication between the various levels of the structure.
- Executes the treasurer’s orders.
- The auditors, being two, are elected for a period of two years by the general Assembly.
- Auditors will be effective members of the association, and will be presented to the general assembly, according to an increasing alphabetical order. Any called out member may refuse the mandate. In this event, the next name on the list will be called.
- They must audit the accounts and will report during the general assembly.
- They will have access to the accounts at least one month, before the general Assembly.
There are certain general duties and responsibilities that all board members should adhere to, no matter their particular position on the board.
- Understand and demonstrate a commitment to the organization’s mission and programs.
- Keep up to date with issues and trends that affect the organization.
- Prepare for meetings by reading agendas, minutes, reports, and other documentation required to actively participate in them.
- Attend meetings regularly.
- Contribute skills and knowledge by participating actively in meetings and committee work.
- Make inquiries when clarification or more information is needed.
- Understand and monitor the organization’s financial affairs.
- Avoid any potential conflicts of interest.
- Understand and maintain confidentiality.
- Ensure the organization is complying with all legal and regulatory requirements.
The Board of Directors (BD) is entitled to organise specific committees as required. Specific committees are a consultative organisation, which report to the Board of Directors.
- Process applications for centre accreditation.
- Process applications of individuals to attain ECHCO and ECHRN accreditation.
- Process applications of individuals to attain ECHSM accreditation.
- Maintain a spreadsheet of individuals for the purposes of dates of recertification of ECHCO/RN and sending out reminders.
- Maintain a spreadsheet of centres for the purposes of dates of recertification of centre accreditation.
- Apply to DAN for certification of individuals after approval from the EBASS board. (Initial or recertification).
- Collaborates with executive committee to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on our target audience.
- Writes, edits, and distributes content, including publications, press releases, newsletter, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the organization’s activities, products and/or services.
- Responds to media inquiries, arrange interviews, and acts as a spokesperson for the organization.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with members and any interested party.
- Seeks opportunities to enhance the reputation of the brand and coordinate publicity events as required.
- Maintains records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics.
- Have knowledge in design and publishing software (e.g. mailchimp).
- Manages conflict as it arises and escalate to management.
- Organizes a webmaster subcommittee and collaborates with its members, in order to promote the actions and activities of the association through social networking platforms and the website.
- Works to promote safety awareness and safe work practices in the workplace.
- Empowering sharing of information between members that could improve safety practices in Hyperbaric facilities (e.g. new devices, unsafe use of treatment).
- Coordinates the creation of recommendations related to Safety practices.
- Gives feedback to members for Safety issues based on European Standards.
- Update members for any changes in regards to the European Standards or other International Standards related to Safety in Hyperbaric facilities.
- Provides current information on available educational opportunities.
- Provides the opportunity to achieve the level of knowledge and skill necessary for hyperbaric personnel with competence and professionalism.
- Initiates and implement educational policies.
- Proposes the conduct of research in accordance with current scientific developments and makes proposals for publishing articles in scientific journals
- Supports education through coordination of education events.
- Works with finance regarding the support of budgets for education events.
- Ensures education meets EBAss recommendations.
- Develops education event plans.
- Liaises with guest speakers and presenters, letter of invite, consent, gifts and thank you letters.
- Organises recording and live-streaming of events.
- Review event evaluations.
- Informs members for Hyperbaric related conferences and educational events.
- Supports members at National level with any enquiries and acts as an advocate.
- Ensures the well-being of members at national level and assist in case of any complaints.
- Acts as a mentor for local and European regulations.
- Encourages participation at EBAss events and networking platforms.